Table Of Contents
If you’ve been thinking about renovating your bathroom but cannot seem to understand why bathroom renovations are so expensive, then there is one thing that you need to understand. It is not about how much they cost but about what you are getting for your money. The average person spends about 30 minutes a day in their bathroom. If you have an outdated and old-fashioned-looking bathroom, then this can be very off-putting to you and your family or to your customers who come into your business premises. A nicely done renovation on floor tiling or even wall tiling can relatively improve your bathroom look for better. A new attractive design will increase the aesthetics of your home and the comfort level that your customers will appreciate and love.
The feeling of walking into a dirty, disgusting bathroom when scouting for a new home or finding new business premises can leave you worried. You automatically start to think about the amount of money that you have to spend on renovation. Rest assured that if your business or home has one or more bathrooms, then the cost of renovating the bathrooms is going to be expensive. This is due to various factors such as the bathroom style and the contractors that you will hire to do your work. With contractors, you will have to factor in their hourly rates and the general condition of your bathroom.
Basic Elements Of Your Bathroom
When renovating your bathroom, there are primary bathroom renovations which is inclusive of some basic elements. These include plumbing fixtures, toilets, cabinets, sinks, towel rails, and a shower or bathtub. The type of each element will vary depending on the bathroom design or style of your bathroom. For instance, a modern bathroom might have a fancy bathroom vanity coupled with mirrors and fancy sinks, an oversized bathtub that is perfect for soaking in while you watch TV or relax, and underfloor heating. Moreover, it can also have a shower screen installed. A more traditional one might have a claw foot tub that you can fill with hot water to soothe your aches and pains after working all day long.
There are many options for sinks too. A pedestal sink is perfect if you want to save space but still enjoy the luxury of running water at your fingertips. What about toilets? Some people prefer sitting down when they go to the washroom; others like standing up against something sturdy because it’s easier on their backs.
If you’ve been to a lot of bathrooms, then you have probably come across a variety of features, some new, that left you confused as to what the heck a particular thing does. You probably know quite a lot about sinks and toilets. However, some other things go into your bathroom which may be surprising! From faucets to showerheads to towel rails, there are many different types of fixtures with various purposes for our daily lives. That’s why it’s important to have an understanding of what these fixtures do so that they can work as efficiently as possible.
Factors To Consider When Doing A Bathroom Renovation
Renovating a bathroom or general home renovations can be a daunting task. There are plenty of decisions to make as far as the layout, style, function, size, and labour costs of your bathroom renovation are concerned. Therefore, before you get too far into the design phase, here are some of the most important questions that you should ask yourself.
- What do I need for the renovation?
- What is the cost of completely replacing an existing bathroom?
- What mistakes do I need to avoid when hiring someone to do the remodel project?
- Do I need counter space for my makeup or hair products?
- Do I want privacy from those in other rooms with frosted glass doors separating the toilet area from everything else?
- Can I fit more than one person comfortably without feeling cramped?
- Does it matter if there’s no window or mirror on the wall opposite of where people will stand while they’re shaving their legs or putting on makeup?
No matter what your needs are, there is bound to be something that suits you.
Size Of The Bathroom
Ever feel like you’re in the wrong bathroom? You’re not alone. The size of your bathroom can make or break your day, so it’s important to know which size suits you and understand the cost of bathroom renovations in Australia before doing anything else.
There are three common sizes: small, medium, and large. Small bathrooms tend to have less than 100 square feet of space while large bathrooms can easily be over 400 square feet, with enough room for a full bathtub or shower. Medium-sized bathrooms fall somewhere between those two numbers. The size of your bathroom will greatly affect the average bathroom renovations cost. Having a professional come around to assess the size of your bathroom and come up with an accurate cost guide is a great factor to consider.
Budgeting For A Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom renovation cost can be a major investment that may take your business out of commission for weeks. It’s important to plan for things like structural changes, materials fittings, bathroom design, and budget accordingly.
If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve just finished budgeting for your bathroom renovation. You may be feeling a little overwhelmed, and that’s ok because getting everything sorted out without errors is a lot of work. But don’t worry, we’re here to equip you with some tips on how to make the most of your budget.
Below are some helpful tips to help you with the renovation process:
- Plan ahead: Know what you want before you start shopping around for materials and fixtures. This will save you time and money by preventing you from going for accessories that are either too expensive or not available in your area.
- Be realistic about costs: If there’s a feature you need to get that nice bathroom look (say a double sink), be prepared to pay more.
- Decide on a budget: This is important because if you don’t set a budget ahead of time, how can you possibly know what’s in your price range?
Other factors to consider include:
- Hiring a good bathroom designer
- Check out your plumbing fixtures
- Make sure adequate lighting is allocated for
- Choose if you want either a bathtub or a shower or both
If you’re thinking about renovating your bathroom, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost. Well, the answer is tricky because there are several factors to consider such as plumbing costs, size of the bathroom, materials, and fittings you desire to be in your envisioned bathroom.
The cost of renovating your bathroom depends on many factors but on average it can cost between $18,000 to $25,000 here in Australia. The price of a renovation depends on the size and scope of what needs to be done. You could have a small project that just takes care of some minor repairs or replace outdated fixtures with new ones, or you could be doing major work like knocking down walls and adding on.
It also varies depending on whether you hire professionals for all or part of the job. If you do most of the renovations yourself (or have friends who volunteer their time), your costs should be lower. Finally, any permits needed can add up quickly – this includes city permits and all necessary inspections.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Small Bathrooms
- With small bathrooms, you can indulge in a luxurious refreshing experience without the high price tag that comes with having a huge bathroom. For example, if you have under-floor heating for your bathroom the electricity bill might not be as much for a smaller bathroom compared to a huge bathroom.
- A small bathroom will tend to have a lower cost of maintenance than a massive one.
- Small bathroom layouts are typically under 30 square feet and usually contain one toilet or stall with adjacent sink space; think of it as your private spa! With such limited size constraints, homeowners have more freedom to choose their favourite design elements for smaller spaces that would not be possible on larger ones.
- Smaller and more compact spaces always come at a cost.
- One such problem is getting maximum use out of these limited spaces. This can be difficult considering that they have fewer sinks or other bathroom accessories to work with when compared to bigger bathrooms. Some of these problems include inadequate cabinetry for storage purposes and inadequate natural light inside the bathroom. Moreover, ventilation may be insufficient, making your bathroom rather stuffy.
- Another shortcoming with a smaller bathroom is the fact that it tends to become dirty fast if your house has a lot of people or during parties. A small bathroom is not so good for your business too.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Large Bathrooms
- A large bathroom is spacious and nice to have, especially if you have a huge family.
- You can also have features like double sinks and bathtubs which tend to take up most of the space in a smaller bathroom.
- A huge bathroom can be more expensive to set up and equip.
- It may also need a lot of maintenance to keep it up and running.
Whether you’re looking to renovate your bathroom, or just want a quick bathroom update on the latest trends in design, you need to be sure of what you desire and what you can afford to spend to get the desired outcome. Bathroom designers are constantly coming up with new ideas and designs for bathrooms with different needs. Some of these changes will be subtle and others more drastic. However, one thing is certain: it’s important to know what product features work best for every kind of bathroom set-up so that you can get everything in order before starting any construction or renovation projects.
You may have seen the ads or the commercials. They show a huge, bright bathroom with gleaming white tiles and a shiny toilet that’s spotless, and wonder why yours is not like that. And while there is no doubt those make-overs on the magazine or TV are beautiful, you need to ask yourself whether they suit your lifestyle. What about budget constraints? Will the remodel be worth what you will pay for it in lost time or money invested elsewhere in your home?
The best way to answer those questions is by getting an estimate from professionals who know how much of what you need will cost. A professional can also help you plan which features might work better than others depending on available space or light sources. Getting a professional’s expertise will allow you to have peace of mind.
We all know that the bathroom is a space where we spend a lot of time, so it’s smart to invest in a good design. Whether you’re on the hunt for your first home or you’re just looking to provide an upgrade for your current abode, we have plenty of tips and tricks to help guide you along. This article has provided you with great resources and ideas from around the web to get you started with the renovation of what may be one of the most important rooms in your house. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to a professional.